Keto-Vegan Avocado and Pesto Noodles
Ingredients (enough for 4)
- 4 medium courgette (one per serving), sliced using a julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer(800g / 1.8 lb / 28.2 oz
- 2 average avocados (400g / 14.2 oz)
- 3 large tablespoons of vegan pesto mix
- 1 cup kalamata or other types of olives, pitted (100g / 3.5 oz)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, 4-6 halves (28g / 1 oz)
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil (28g / 1 oz)
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste (pink Himalayan)
- Chop off the ends of the courgettes and spiralize all four of them and place them in a large bowl.
- Place the courgette noodles (in batches if needed) on a pan greased with coconut oil and cook briefly for 2-5 minutes. For best results don’t cook them too much as they are not supposed to be too soft and the less you cook them the more nutritional value they keep.
- Peel and halve the avocado. Remove the seed and slice it into stripes. Drain and chop the sun-dried tomatoes and drain the olives.
- Take the courgette noodles off heat and spoon in the pesto. Mix until well combined and season with salt.
- Place on a serving plate and top with tomatoes, olives, avocado and fresh basil. Enjoy!
Vegan Coconut Lime Noodles with Chilli Tamari Tofu
Ingredients for Noodles
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (400ml)
- 2 packets of shitake noodles (226g each)
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- ½ tsp of ground or fresh ginger
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 block (400g) extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp of low sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat over to 350F
- Drain tofu, and press out excess moisture, cube roughly into blocks
- Mix together tamari, olive oil and cayenne. In a shallow dish, arrange the tofu cubes in a single layer, and pour the mixture over the tofu. Flip the pieces a few times so they are evenly covered.
- Place the tofu pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes
- While the tofu is baking, drain and rinse the noodles. Add to pan on medium heat, along with the rest of the noodle ingredients and mix well until combined. Partially cover and cook for about 10 minutes, then reduce the heat and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Once the tofu is done, turn the heat under as well and then let everything cool for a few minutes before plating.